2015-2016 Improvement Project
SIC Annual Report to the Community
South Carolina initiated School Improvement Councils through legislation as a means of restoring the influential voice of parents and community members in public education. Each public school in South Carolina has a School Improvement Council that is responsible for planning, monitoring, and evaluating improvement at the school level. The School Improvement Council at North Charleston High School has the following responsibilities:
Participate in the development of the five-year school improvement plan.
- Assist in the monitoring of the implementation of the plan and evaluation of results on achieving the goals.
- Assist in the writing of the annual updates.
- Advise on the spending of incentive funds if the school receives an award.
- Write the narrative to the School Report Card in conjunction with the principal.
- Participate in the revision of the school improvement plan if the school is rated unsatisfactory on the School Report Card.
SC SIC Website
2015-2016 School Improvement Council
Members of the North Charleston High School Improvement Council include parents, faculty, community members, and ex-officio members. Names are listed below.